Saturday, October 1, 2011

Best Weekend Ever Part 1 + WINNERS!!

This whole weekend has been amazing so far, full of art, antiques, great friends, good buys, and beautiful weather!

So last night was part 1 of my most amazing weekend.  I got to go to an art opening for an artist named Joshua Bienko who recreates master works on the bottoms of Christian Louboutin shoes!



Now some of you know that my shoe obsession love interest obsession (lets just be honest shall we) is intense and spans the gambit from Converse to Manolo's, and the appearance of Louboutin's red soles just walked straight into my heart.  Here are some of his works.











And my personal favorite!



Sorry for the bad photos as they were taken with my iphone with 1 hand because my other hand was holding one of the best cocktails ever from Flemings!

I love this whole idea because I think art can come in any medium whether it is cloth and quilts or paint and $1000 shoes! I loved the art, the event, the food, and getting to wear my tallest stilettos and not get funny looks because I was wearing 5" over the top shoes. LOL!

*****

And now time for the winners of my blog's first birthday!












Yay!! So here are your winners!

Baker's Twine - The Hungry Crafter
Polka Dots Bundle -Eileen {BlueBirdLuxe}
Stripes Bundle - Virginiabobro
Grunge Bundle - Melissa @ Sew Bitter Sweet Designs
Bliss Layer Cake - Amy and the Bad Cats

Congrats y'all!  I will be sending out emails to notify the winners.

EDIT TO ADD!!  Virginiabobro I can't get a hold of you!  Your name links to your blog but your blog doesn't have your email!  Email me at bomara {at} gmail {dot} com with your address.  If I don't hear from you in a week I will select another winner for the stripes bundle. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners!

    It sounds and looks like a fabulous evening! I'd love to see a picture of the shoes you wore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Those shoes are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous evening! Bry! Thank you so much! I can't believe I won! I love polkadots! :) I'm going to have so much fun with these fabrics! Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art on the soles of your shoes!
    Looks like a fun event. Even when I was "young & hip" I don't think I was hip enough for those shoes. Thanks for asking me though & for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete