Monday, October 11, 2010

Inspiring Monday

Monday's are usually such drab days.  I mean honestly, who really likes Mondays? Not me.  Especially since I do most of my crafting on the weekends, so Monday means I am at least 5 whole days from getting to devote real time to creating.  Until then I have to live on inspiration.  And everyone knows Flickr is the number 1 resource for that.  So every Monday I want to share some of the things that I have found to be inspiring to me.  Here goes nothing!

This week I am loving quilts made entirely from solids.  Every season so many new lines of fabrics come out with totally squee worthy motifs and patterns, but we can't forget about the basics.  Personally I am a fan of Kona cottons - the feel, the selection, and the price are perfect to me.  There is a whole group on Flick dedicated to solid quilts.  These are some examples of solids only quilts that are stunning! (Click the photo to be taken to the original Flickr page.)

Kandinsky Quilt

city shops

Quilted Colour Study Art Quilt

Pixel Pusher quilt top finished

Stripes finished

Triangles in a Square Quilt


















I hope that was able to bring a bit of brightness and cheer to an otherwise blah Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment