Friday, June 8, 2012

Bella Parade 2012 - Fabrics

Hi there y'all!

So this is my first of 2 official posts for the Bella Solids Parade of 2012! I am featuring 4 brand new shades of Bella Solids today, and then am going to show you some fantastic complimentary fabrics for these beautiful new colors.


The shades I am going to share with you are:
Bella Solid # 211 : Citrine
Bella Solid # 218 : Indigo
Bella Solid # 216 : Peacock
Bella Solid # 203 : Orchid


First up, we have CITRINE! This fabric looks freaking fantastic with Tula Pink's Prince Charming line.  It's like Moda matched the color spot on with Tula's assistance. 



Next there's INDIGO! I love this shade with Tula Pink's Parisville line.  It matches her girls so perfectly!


 Next up.... PEACOCK!  This shade goes so perfectly with Tula Pink's Plume line.  Not so much with the first fabric on my layer cake (of course - and I couldn't bear to take it apart just for 1 picture) but take my word for it!  I promise you!  Now on Fat quarter shop, I think the color on my screen looks a bit more blue-ish aqua but it definitely leans more green.


***(And seriously I JUST REALIZED as I was typing this post that I ended up matching 3 of my 4 shades with various Tula Pink lines!  Geeze.  Well I am a total Tula troop through and through - but I swear I didn't do that on purpose!)***

Finally, we have ORCHID!  (i.e. the only shade I didn't match with a Tula Pink line)  I loved this shade with my set of pink/purple oakshot cottons.  I love the feeling of the Bella solids alongside the feeling of the oakshots.  They are both so soft, and the colors are so sweet.  And since oakshots can be so expensive this shade of Bella will be a perfect match to make something with them both. 


Also, I realized right off the bat when I opened my package from Fat Quarter Shop that all 4 of these lovely shades would be amazing with Lotta Jansporter's Echo line!  I only pulled a few prints but honestly they look great with all the colors of that line, even the chocolate brown.  Plus toss in a bit of Kona Ash (which I had in my stash) or some Bella Zen Gray and it's even more fantastic. 


So yeah, Moda has made some fantastic new shades for their Bella Solids line and they are lovely!  And  hope you will join me tomorrow for a tutorial on how to make a super cute little buttoned up pouch perfect for pens, pencils, crochet hooks, knitting needles, and whatever else you can think of!


2 comments:

  1. I just found the fabulous Plume line and was wondering if you hany you'd like to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found the fabulous Plume line and was wondering if you hany you'd like to sell?

    ReplyDelete