No really, I do.
So insert the same warning from my last post here...I am not responsible for any feelings of jealous, envy, or your skin turning green due to my insane luck.
(Oh and get ready for LOTS of pictures!)
I got my amazing Make Mine Modern swap package from Elizabeth yesterday, a box of Bella Solids for some awesome, super secret sewing that I will be revealing in about a week, I won Kaelin's ADORABLE bunny mini quilt from her blog giveaway (which I will show once I get it), and yesterday I received my Doll Quilt Swap from Julia from Little Girl Quilts! I mean come on - I have been lusting over this little guy in the group pool since Julia started posting little tid bit teaser photos!
She did my favorite color combo of navy and aqua, pleating, circles, used 2 of my favorite fabric lines, Neptune and Parisville, by one of my favorite designers, Tula Pink, and straight line quilting to finish it off. It's like she peered right into my head and took all my favorite quilt characteristics and put them together!Here's some detail shots!
Check out the back! All that straight line and echo quilting is gorgeous and gives it so much depth and texture! Plus a label that mentions sweat is too funny and sweet!
She also sent me the cutest little embroidery with my name on it that I actually commented on yesterday morning saying how I was convincing myself that it was my name on it, and low and behold just a few hours later it was delivered to my doorstep!Too freaking awesome!!
She did a whole post too on her creation process which was really awesome. I totally let me know how much time, effort, and care she put into this quilt for me. It made me feel so special. And showed me how special and amazing Julia is!
THANK YOU JULIA!!!!
This was my first time participating in Doll Quilt Swap and I hope I get to be a bebe many more times! It was such a fun and completely wonderful experience, and between this swap and Make Mine Modern I have never been happier that I finally stopped lurking on flickr and started participating!
And if ALL OF THAT isn't luck enough I have also been nominated for the Stylish Blogger Award by Kristen of K*D Quilts and Janet of Entropy Undone! Thanks so much ladies! Hugs!
By getting this award there are a few things you are asked to do:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 6 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the owners of the blogs you nominated to tell them about the award.
So 7 things about myself...
1. I read...A LOT. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book, but Harry Potter is a close 2nd!
2. I have a motorcycle license.
3. I love classic cars!
4. Shopping is my main addiction - fabric and shoes my drugs of choice.
5. I have never broken a bone or even had a cavity. Although dislocating my knee was one of my most ever painful experiences.
6. I was a competitive dancer for 16 years - tap, ballet, point, jazz, modern, street...you name it I competed in it.
7. I have a master's degree in museum that I am actually using!
Now to pass the award along...
(I am going to pass this onto bloggers that have less than 100 followers who I think you should all know about!)
* Sarah from Pings and Needles - Sarah is so kind, fun, and talented! Just read her About Me page to see what I mean! And check out what she made for her Make Mine Modern partner and the video showing the process!
* Shruti from 13 Woodhouse Road - Shruti is an awesome quilter who has some amazing things coming down the line on her blog that you will all be interested in!! HINT HINT WINK WINK!
* Completely Cauchy - This is a strong woman who is down to earth, a talented quilter and knitter, and who speaks her mind. She is the creator of one of my favorite quilts ever! (And yes, she probably has more than 100 followers but it isn't posted on her blog so I am including her anyways because she is awesome!)
* Beth of Smazoochie - Beth has been quilting almost her entire life and has a great eye for combining modern and traditional! She is my go to person for any and all quilting related questions!
* Tamiko from Patchwork Notes - Tamiko is crazy talented as most recently exhibited by what she created for her Make Mine Modern partner and Urban Home Goods partner!
* Meghan from Purl and Piece - What a great blog name huh?! Meghan has great taste especially in colors, just check out her chubby stars quilt!