Monday, April 11, 2011

Inspiring Monday

This week my Inspiring Monday post has some major shoes to fill considering the sheer awesomeness of pieces featured in my last 2 posts, but I think it does a pretty great job!

Colour strip quilt #2
Color Stripe Quilt #1 by Blue is Bleu

Colour strip quilt #2
Color Stripe Quilt #2 by Blue is Bleu

This quilt speaks to me on so many levels!  I adore the colors, the slight wonk of stripe by not having each row line up with the one next it, THE STRIPES, the polka dot binding, and just the simplicity!

It also reminds me of an optical illusion because the stripes almost seem to be moving due to the dark/light combination.  Such a fantastic quilt with so much dimension all from solids!  Be still my heart!

***For more fun with solids, check back with me this friday on the 15th for some awesome news!***

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! It is one of those; I would have questioned before seeing it; you know what I mean?? It looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow! that's beautiful. it would be interesting to do this using striped fabrics...

    ReplyDelete