Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Seriously.

Not only did I get to do a lot of awesome non-crafting stuff like play with a baby bunny, go to a book signing with the AMAZING Patricia Briggs, and hang with one of my best friends, but I also finished all my bee blocks for the month and got new fabrics!

SO PRODUCTIVE!!!

First I worked on a drunk love style block for Beth in my bee String Me Along. She sent some super yummy Anna Maria Horner Innocent Crush strips and a bunch of Kona greys!

String Me Along - March 2011

Then I worked on my row for Liz for the HMQG Round Row! I am loving this traditional indigo and white color scheme!

The only problem I had...well you see I am blond, so even though I did the math I ended up doubling it somehow and cut and sewed enough for 2 rows! Oops!

HMQG Row Robin - Round 4

Also I completed my 2 blocks for the do. good stitches Joy circle. Our leader for this month asked for star blocks in a light colored color scheme so I used charms from Kate Spain's new Central Park line (which I ADORE!) and Sweetwater's Sunkissed line and this tutorial.

Do. Good Stitches - March Blocks

Also, I finally got off my butt and created my blocks for the 3x6 Bee! I really hope the girls from Beehive 24 love them!  I especially loved working on the green, yellow, and grey color scheme!

3x6 Bee - 1st Quarter 2011

I also got these fabulous fabrics in the mail!! YUM!! 

Cozy and Cuddly!

Anna Maria Horner's Folksy Flannels FQ set.

Habitat!

A FQ set Jay McCarrol's new Habitat line in the plum colorway.

And just to make you go AWWWWWW - this is the new baby bunny  I mentioned way back at the beginning of this post! 

 

Me and the Bunny! I <3 Bunnies!


Me and the Bun!

12 comments:

  1. Um, that bunny is FREAKING adorable! The definitely is the best weekend ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, best weekend ever!! So much fabric yumminess, and what an adorable bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny is too sweet!!! Really love the work you have in this post....beautiful colours;;love the white and indigo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny is too sweet!!! Really love the work you have in this post....beautiful colours;;love the white and indigo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bunny - and my block!!!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay productiveness! Yay baby bunnies! Yay fabric! Yay YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 3X6 blocks and the bunny and you photo is fab too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping you'd put up a picture of the baby bunny. He's a litle cutie. Has your bunny just had a litter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, everything looks great! And that bunny is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your block for Beth turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that bunny is so sweet!

    I love the string blocks and the innocent crush...I just made a fabric covered wreath with a jelly roll. I hadn't seen it in real life yet, but I think I definitely need more, as I just love it!

    (I found your blog via the lily's quiltalong flickr group!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous blocks and fabric- one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete