Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Austin Area Quilt Guild Show

AAQG Show 2010

This past weekend I went to Austin, TX (one of my favorite cities) to go to the Austin Area Quilt Guild show at the Palmer Events center.  While nothing can compare to the Houston show this was pretty great.  There onver 60+ vendors (although it didn't seem like that many) and so many quilts on display.

These were some of my faves...(detail shots are on my flickr)...

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

Selvages!

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

AAQG Show 2010

Winner of Best in Show!

AAQG Show 2010

All in all it was a great show and I had a great time.  Part of my good time though was thanks to the visits I made to a couple of craft stores up in Austin including Ginger's Needle Crafts, The Quilt Store, and Common Thread. 

Oh and Pluckers of course! Yummm....WINGS.

The best store I visited though was definitely The Stitch Lab run by the amazing Leslie.  They had an unbelievably awesome modern fabric selection, all the Sublime Stitching patterns and tools, and the most wonderful, helpful, and fun staff.  Not to mention they offer tons of classes and rent out studio time at an insanely low price.  I highly recommend it!  It's worth a road trip!  

Now I am definitely ready for the Houston show come November!

No comments:

Post a Comment